They Live: Netflix Streaming Surprises

Click to watch the movie on Netflix streaming here!

When I think of iconic, amazing, B-movie awesomeness, one of the first movies I think of is They Live.

They Live, directed by the famous John Carpenter, starring the professional wrestler "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. I didn't know he was a wrestler or anything like that prior to watching, but after watching I had to see who this hilariously awesome dude was.

I'm using the word "awesome" a lot here, because this movie isn't really meant to be taken too seriously. It's a movie about an unemployed man who inadvertently finds a pair of sunglasses that allow him to see.. well.. if you haven't seen the movie yet, I don't want to ruin the surprise for you.

Either way, this movie is designed to be a jab at consumer culture on the whole, and you quickly understand how and why while watching (it literally couldn't be any more blatant about it).

One of the most iconic lines from this film is, "I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum." I'm sure you've heard this line replicated somewhere before, and if you've always been wondering where it originated, now's your chance to experience it as it was originally intended,

They Live is absolutely something to watch on Netflix if you're with friends. I've seen it several times, and every time I watch the movie with someone who's never watched it (or even heard of it) it's so fun to me to be able to experience everything all over again vicariously through them. It's one of those movies that's such a hidden gem that you just need to get others to watch it.

In terms of 80's action streaming movies, you're not going to do much better than They Live on Netflix streaming. I'm going to quote one of my good friends right now (because I agree with him): "I'm not sure I want to be friends with someone unless they like something about this movie."

If you haven't seen this movie before, queue it now! It's amazing. And awesome.

1 comment:

InstaFlicka Podcast said...

This movie freaked me out as a child.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!